yle-dl (previous known as RTMPDump-YLE) is a command-line program for downloading media files from the two video streaming services of the Finnish national broadcasting company Yle: Yle Areena, Elävä arkisto, and Yle news.
The videos are saved in Flash video (FLV) format. At least VLC player is able to play them back.
yle-dl yle_video_page_url [options]
- -o filename
- Save stream to the named file
- --destdir dir
- Save files to dir
- Download the latest episode from the page
- Print stream title, don't download
- --proxy uri
- Proxy for downloading stream manifests. Example:
yle-dl --help for the full list of options.
yle-dl http://areena.yle.fi/tv/1515302 -o /your/video/dir/video.mp4
Stable yle-dl 2.10.1 (7.2.2016)
The source code is available under GNU GPLv3 license.
Required packages: python (version 2.6 or newer), pycrypto, a PHP interpreter and the following PHP extensions: bcmath, curl, mcrypt and SimpleXML. Optionally, for downloading Areena audio streams, rtmpdump (version 2.4 or newer, the latest development version from the project homepage is recommended).
Install yle-dl by running (requires root priviledges):
Installer and frontend packages created by others
- Ubuntu: https://launchpad.net/~yle-dl/+archive/release
- Debian/Ubuntu (32/64 bit): http://www.homelinuxpc.com/download/
- Gentoo ebuild
- Fedora, RHEL, CentOS: RPM Fusion
- Arch Linux
Mac OS X