The videos are saved in Flash video (FLV) or in MP4 format. At least VLC player is able to play them back.
pip3 install --user --upgrade yle-dl
Required packages: Python 2.7 or 3.5+, pip, pycrypto, wget, ffmpeg.
Optional dependencies for certain types of streams: PHP interpreter and the following PHP extensions: bcmath, curl, mcrypt and SimpleXML. rtmpdump for downloading Areena audio streams (version 2.4 or newer, the latest development version from the project homepage is recommended).
yle-dl [options] yle_video_page_url
- -o filename
- Save stream to the named file
- --destdir dir
- Save files to dir
- Download the latest episode from the page
- Print stream metadata, don't download
- --proxy uri
- Proxy for downloading stream manifests. Example:
yle-dl --help for the full list of options.
yle-dl http://areena.yle.fi/tv/1515302 -o /your/video/dir/video.mp4
The source code is available under GNU GPLv3 license.
Installer and frontend packages created by others
- 1. Install Homebrew, 2. Run
brew install yle-dl
- https://simopot.github.io/areena/ (includes a graphical user interface)