yle-dl (previous known as RTMPDump-YLE) is a command-line program for downloading media files from the two video streaming services of the Finnish national broadcasting company Yle: Yle Areena, and Elävä arkisto.
The videos are saved in Flash video (FLV) format. At least VLC player is able to play them back.
yle-dl yle_video_page_url [options]
- Download the latest episode from the page
- Print librtmp-compatible URL, don't download
Any option understood by rtmpdump is also accepted.
yle-dl --help for the full list of options.
yle-dl http://areena.yle.fi/tv/1515302 -o /your/video/dir/video.mp4
Stable yle-dl 2.3.1 (14.6.2014)
The source code is available under GNU GPLv2 license.
Other required packages: rtmpdump (version 2.4 or newer), python (version 2.6 or newer), pycrypto, AdobeHDS.php, php and the following php extensions: bcmath, curl and SimpleXML.
Install yle-dl by running (requires root priviledges):
Instead of make install-adobehds you can also manually copy AdobeHDS.php to /usr/local/bin.
Installer and frontend packages created by others
- Ubuntu: https://launchpad.net/~yle-dl/+archive/release
- Debian/Ubuntu (32/64 bit): http://www.homelinuxpc.com/download/
- Gentoo ebuild
- Fedora, RHEL, CentOS: RPM Fusion
- Arch Linux
- http://mpartel.github.com/yle-downloader-gui/ (includes a graphical user interface)
Mac OS X